The owner of Grains of Grace approached me to help her create an instruction manual (or Hanging Guide) for mounting d-ring hooks on her arrow products. We decided to take a simple, step-by-step approach that would provide her customers a visual hanging guide that was easy to understand. The main requirements for this project were to:
* Make sure customers understood what tools were needed
* What direction the d-rings should be mounted
* Approximate location of each d-ring on the reverse side of the product
* A disclaimer or note conveying that no two products are alike and the manual serves as a guide, not a standard.
* A disclaimer or note discouraging the use of power drills to avoid potential splitting the wood and encouraging the use of manual screwdrivers.
The guide uses a hand-drawn illustration style to maintain the overall Grains of Grace rustic look-and-feel. The color scheme was designed against several tones of grey to keep printing costs down and avoid distracting the customers from important mounting information. The fonts used were typical fonts for the company and maintained consistency across all Grains of Grace collateral.